FedEx #SupportSmall Grants
Starting May 25th, 2020, FedEx will be providing grants to small businesses. Each grant recipient will receive $5,000, plus $500 from FedEx Office that can be used for printing banners, posters, floor graphics, custom branded boxes, and more. A FedEx account is not required to apply for the grant. To be eligible for the grant you must:
- be older than 18
- be a U.S.-based for-profit small business in operation and selling for more than 1 year, with less than 50 employees;
- have less than $5 million in annual sales revenue in 2019; and
- have shipped in the last 12 months and/or plan to ship in the coming 12 months as part of your business.
- Non-profits, franchised businesses, direct-seller/reseller businesses, independent consultants and previous winners in the FedEx Small Business Grant Contest are not eligible to apply for this grant.
Applications close on June 12th, 2020 at 10:59pm Central time. For more information and to apply, click here
Hello Alice COVID-19 Business for All Emergency Grant:
Hello Alice is offering $10,000 grants being distributed immediately to small business owners impacted by Coronavirus, as part of our broader mission to ensure Business for All. In addition to funding, grant recipients will receive ongoing support from the Hello Alice community.
To apply, click here
Hello Alice has designated a portion of its $10,000 emergency grants exclusively for Hispanic business owners. Funding is being distributed immediately to founders impacted by the coronavirus as part of our broader mission to ensure Business for All. All applicants will receive access to resources and ongoing support from the Hello Alice community. Application support is offered in Spanish. For more information and to apply, click here
Save Small Business Fund
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, in partnership with Vistaprint and a coalition of supporting companies, has launched the Save Small Business Grant Fund in a collective effort to provide $5,000 grants to as many small employers in economically vulnerable communities. Funded by contributions from corporate and philanthropic partners, the program went live April 20th at 2:00 PM.
The application only takes about 10 minutes to complete; use your business’s W-9 form to apply. Grants will be awarded on a weekly basis and you only need to apply one time to be eligible for funding.
The Fund is providing $5,000 in short-term relief to employers across the United States. You are eligible if you are a business that has between three and 20 employees. Visit the Save Small Business Fund page for more information, including eligibility and applications.
Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in more than 30 countries where Facebook operates will be able to receive the grant. Grant opens in eligible U.S. cities on April 22. To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a for-profit company
- Have between 2 and 50 employees
- Have been in business for over a year
- Have experienced challenges from COVID-19
- Be in or near a location where Facebook operates
To learn more, visit their program page.
The Red Backpack Fund
Between May and September, GlobalGiving, via the Red Backpack Fund, is awarding at least 1,000 emergency assistance grants to majority women-owned businesses and nonprofits in the U.S. Each grant will be $5,000. The grants are possible through a $5 million gift from The Spanx by Sara Blakely Foundation to support female entrepreneurs struggling with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This grant is open to established woman-owned businesses in Texas suffering economic hardship due to COVID-19. The funds can be used for technology upgrades or other items needed to change or adapt your business model. Operating expenses (excluding payment of sales tax, payroll, purchase of food for consumption, penalties and fees, and charitable donations). More here.
Excelerate America - Funding Finder
The Funding Finder is a tool for small business owners and entrepreneurs seeking COVID-19 relief programs. Users simply enter their business zip code to receive a curated results list of local and nationwide relief programs they can take advantage of right now.
The Funding Finder database is updated regularly to ensure that everyone receives the most timely and most applicable results. Use the Funding Finder.
Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund: Verizon launched a small business recovery fund with grants up to $10,000 for businesses facing immediate financial pressure—especially entrepreneurs of color, women-owned businesses and other enterprises in historically underserved communities. Round 1 is closed, but you may register for the next round. You can learn more here.
- Williamson County has opened up applications for the Wilco Forward Grant program: Williamson County has launched its Wilco Forward grant program which will provide grants for local business owners that have been impacted financially by the COVID-19 pandemic. The maximum amount any business can receive is $30,000. The amount a business can receive will be based on the percentage of closure the business experienced during the COVID-19 Stay Home Stay Safe order. Both for profit and non profit businesses headquartered and located in Williamson County with 100 or fewer employees (excluding ineligible entities) are eligible to apply.
Applications opened on May 6th, 2020 at 5:30pm. The deadline for applications for phase 1 is June 30, 2020. For more information, click here.
- The Pflugerville Pfund - The Pflugerville Pfund will provide financial assistance to businesses for general operational expenses including lease or mortgage payments and utilities. Businesses with fewer than 50 employees and within the Pflugerville city limits/ETJ will be eligible to apply. For more details and to apply click here.
Round Rock Cares Foundation - The deadline for the first round of funding through Round Rock Cares closed on Friday, April 3, 2020. They anticipate additional funding for this program through continued community donations. If you would like to be considered for the next round of funding please send an email to info@ with the subject line: RRC Funding Round 2. Please include your business name, contact name, business address and contact email address. roundrockcares.orgLearn more here.
updated 5/26/20 0riginal post 4/17/20